Transit Week 2019
Saturday, September 7 – Friday, September 13
There are over 350,000 of us on Muni, every day. We keep the air cleaner, we keep the streets safer, and we keep the city moving.
We know that Rapid service works. Where SFMTA has put in transit improvements and rapid service (like the 14R, 5R, 38R), ridership has gone up 22%. On the 5 and 5R Fulton route, 15% of the increase in ridership was from people leaving their cars behind.
30×30: The Rapid Rider Network. We need a network of rapid bus and light rail routes serving every neighborhood of the city, with end-to-end service in 30 minutes by 2030. Only with robust, efficient, user-friendly public transit are we going to solve our climate emergency, our street safety crisis, and our ever-growing traffic congestion.
Events & Activities
Saturday-Sunday, September 7-8: Muni Heritage Weekend
- We’ll be on the plaza next to the San Francisco Railway Museum & Gift Shop at 77 Steuart St., across from the Ferry Building. Come try our scavenger hunt with historic streetcars and buses, and other kid-friendly games, for fun prizes!
Monday, September 9: Transit Week Kick-off!
- Ride along with us to City Hall to show your support for 30×30! We’re riding in with members of the Board of Supervisors and other decision-makers from 7 locations around the city, which *should* be within a 30 minute ride of City Hall. Meet at 8:15 to ride along, and converge on the Polk St. steps from 9:00-9:30AM. The more the merrier, the bigger the impact! Sign up for more details.
Tuesday, September 10: Join students to call for a 29 Sunset Rapid!
- Join us at Lowell High School or other schools along the 29 Sunset to call for rapid service
Wednesday, September 11: Talk to riders in SOMA about 30×30
- We’ll be tabling with our friends at LinkedIn’s sustainability team in the morning, at 2nd/Howard
Thursday, September 12: Transit First: Equitable Transportation & The Climate Crisis
- Hosted by Spin, 450 Mission Street. 5:00-6:00pm mix & mingle, 6:00-8:00pm panel and workshop.
Friday, September 13: Rider-First Awards Party
- Our second annual awards for outstanding transit customer experience
Thanks to our Presenting Sponsor:
Transit Week Supporting Sponsors:
Transit Week Ally Sponsors: